I Should Live by Prayer

• 2010.06.14 14:01

John 15:5-8

God is our Father and savior who always has mercy on us, created beings. All things in Heaven and on earth came from Him and belong to Him. “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth” (Genesis 1:1).God gave man the right to freely rule over all things (Genesis 1:28). Man, however, committed sin and lost his ability to rule.

Sin is our enemy which takes everything away from us (Genesis 3:17-19). The reason that we are still cursed both spiritually and physically is that our enemy, sin, never rests and uses every conceivable means to inflict pain on us. There is no way for us to solve our sin problem on our own. Only the Almighty God who knows everything is able to solve this sin matter, so whoever has lost their blessings due to sin should seek the Lord.

“In the course of time Cain brought some of the fruits of the soil as an offering to the LORD. But Abel brought fat portions from some of the firstborn of his flock. The LORD looked with favor on Abel and his offering, but on Cain and his offering he did not look with favor. So Cain was very angry, and his face was downcast”( Genesis 4:3-5).

God gave Jesus Christ as the answer for those who struggle to get out of their sins, curses, sufferings and death and Hell by seeking Him. Only Jesus Christ is the one who can save mankind (John 3:16). Jesus Christ told us who are under the oppression of sin, “And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it” (John 14:13-14).

He is the only one who can rescue us from our spiritual and physical impossibilities. We have the Holy Spirit who always dwells in us and works in us by answering our prayer. ‘If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him” (Luke 11:13).

Prayer is a great thing for us to do, it is like a sacred transaction and answer. Even Jesus offered up prayers earnestly with loud cries and tears to God (Hebrews 5:7). Prayer is the best means for us who are under sin and filled with impossibilities, to be freed. Prayer is the promise and right given to those who ask, and it is the key to open and be opened to God. “I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven" (Matthew 16:19).

God commands us to pray, but we shouldn’t pray by our own will. If we pray by God’s will, all our prayers will be answered. For this reason, God told us “Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours” (Mark 11:24). Prayer is the absolute inheritance of the children of God.

We, human beings can’t live without taking a breath, not even once. Likewise our prayer shouldn’t be stopped, not even once, for our enemy, the devil is always looking for someone to devour like a roaring lion (1Peter5:7-8). We should have an instinct to live by prayer. We should pray continuously, because it is like the breath of our life.

Jesus told us through the Bible “After Jesus had gone indoors, his disciples asked him privately, "Why couldn't we drive it out?" He replied, "This kind can come out only by prayer" (Mark 9:28-29). The Holy Spirit also helps us to pray, for it is the absolute practice of God’s promise.

Dear brothers and sisters! The power to overcome the impossibilities of the world and the power to defeat the devil, Satan and demons, is prayer, and Jesus confirmed that He will answer our prayer. Let us have our prayers answered as our right and as the promise given by God! Be freed from all your difficult circumstances!

트위터 페이스북 구글플러스 싸이공감 네이트온 쪽지 구글 북마크 네이버 북마크