For the Time of My Soul

• 2010.08.23 09:29

Luke 12:13-21

God is the creator. He watches over and cares for all things that He had made. He created man to have body and spirit. Our souls are infinitely more precious than our flesh, for our bodies are limited by time, but our souls live forever. So we should know which things are the most valuable.

In today’s Scripture, a man came to Jesus because his brother was not dividing their inheritance with him. “Someone in the crowd said to him, "Teacher, tell my brother to divide the inheritance with me." Jesus replied, "Man, who appointed me a judge or an arbiter between you?" Luke12:13-14. Then Jesus said, "Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions."

People on this earth prioritize having material possessions, but this is incorrect. The reason that Jesus came to this world was to give His eternal life to us who are doomed to perish. “Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him. Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me.” John 6:53-57. “Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'" Matthew 4:4

Only God is the sovereign authority. No one knows when we will leave this life. Luke 16 tells the story of the physical and spiritual aspects of Lazarus and a rich man. Whether you possess life in heaven or not will decide your ultimate happiness. This is the best chance to have the life of Jesus Christ. The work of His blood and resurrection is absolute and it destroyed the work of the devil, sin and death once and for all.

Therefore we should be forgiven by the blood of Jesus while we still have our bodies and be freed from the devil, sin, death and hell. We only have this opportunity while we are here on earth. We should extravagantly use the time of our flesh for the time of our soul.

Dear brothers and sisters! What is your first priority? Is it material possessions for your flesh? Or is it the life of Jesus Christ for your soul? We should make our souls to be our first priority. This is the command of the Lord and the awareness of those who love their souls. Choose eternal life for the time of soul. Make eternal life your priority rather than your flesh and possessions.

트위터 페이스북 구글플러스 싸이공감 네이트온 쪽지 구글 북마크 네이버 북마크
금요구역예배 게시판 게시물 목록
No Title Date
94 The Effect of the Prayer Offered in Faith 11/15/2010
93 Experiencing God’s Household 11/08/2010
92 Grace Came in the Flesh 11/01/2010
91 For the Time of Soul 10/26/2010
90 Passion of God for Winning Souls 10/18/2010
89 Passion of God for Winning Souls 10/18/2010
88 The Great Commission of the Lord 10/11/2010
87 The Flesh and Blood of Jesus 10/04/2010
86 The Passion for Winning Souls 09/27/2010