The Flesh and Blood of Jesus

• 2010.10.04 08:44

John 6:52-59

God revealed His will to the world - He wanted to give eternal life to mankind. People need physical food for their bodies, and spiritual food for their souls. Our bodies are able to live with food from the environment, and God has also provided us with spiritual food, in order for our souls to live forever. That food is the flesh and blood of Jesus.

“Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink.” John 6:52-55.

Jesus Christ has given us His own flesh and blood, and this is the pinnacle of God’s love for mankind. "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16. See also Isaiah 53:5-6. Jesus had His flesh torn apart and He shed His blood on the Cross in order to give us this food. He paid with His own flesh and He endured great suffering to accomplish this. The reason that Jesus came into the world in the flesh was to deliver us from Satan, the devil, demons, diseases, curses and sin.

The greatest victory of Jesus was to set us free from death, destruction and hell. Only Jesus is the eternal victor. Whoever wants to live spiritually should drink the blood of life which Jesus had shed, and eat the flesh of Jesus that had been torn apart. They are the ones who possess eternal life and are able to experience God’s love.

The Words of Jesus Christ became flesh, and the Word of God and His body are equal. “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” John 1:1. When we listen to the Word of Jesus Christ, we should experience the true food and drink confidently by the Holy Spirit, as if we were eating Jesus’ flesh and drinking His blood. Our faith is not exerting ourselves to the utmost for other gods, but rather that we own eternal life by the great sacrifice of the Son of God on the Cross. Whoever has received this amazing grace of God should think how they can repay God. It is natural to think this way, since we have personalities.

The last thing Jesus asked His disciples to do was evangelism. This is the command of His blood and the cry of His torn flesh on the Cross - that we should evangelize those who don’t know the grace of salvation that He had accomplished. We should not allow even one single person to perish. Only Jesus has granted eternal life and heaven to us. If you a true fellow worker of Jesus who has remained in His grace, you wouldn’t be able to reject His command. This is evangelism. We can’t reap the salvation of souls unless we sow the sacrifice like Jesus, for He reaped the salvation of human beings by sowing His death on the Cross. We can only gain the crown of glory when we win the victory in all spiritual battles.

Dear saints! We should return Jesus’ grace by possessing the life of Jesus and glorifying Him with thanks giving, obedience and praising and evangelism. We are so grateful for His grace Those who have received grace: let us evangelize and work faithfully!

트위터 페이스북 구글플러스 싸이공감 네이트온 쪽지 구글 북마크 네이버 북마크
금요구역예배 게시판 게시물 목록
No Title Date
94 The Effect of the Prayer Offered in Faith 11/15/2010
93 Experiencing God’s Household 11/08/2010
92 Grace Came in the Flesh 11/01/2010
91 For the Time of Soul 10/26/2010
90 Passion of God for Winning Souls 10/18/2010
89 Passion of God for Winning Souls 10/18/2010
88 The Great Commission of the Lord 10/11/2010
87 The Flesh and Blood of Jesus 10/04/2010
86 The Passion for Winning Souls 09/27/2010