Passion of God for Winning Souls

• 2010.10.18 09:44

John 3:16

Love is the character and essence of God; God doesn’t want us to suffer from diseases and curses due to the wages of sin. He wasn’t able to just stand idly by while we go to hell because of our sins, so He sent His Only Begotten Son, Jesus who was in His bosom, to die on the Cross for our redemption. Moreover, Christ Jesus was hung on the Cross because of His love for us, shown by His death. His desire is that the gospel, which saves us, is preached to the ends of the earth; this is the greatest belief of Christians. For God loved the world that He gave His Only Son. ‘For God loves us’ means that we should love one another like Jesus did, and He even went to the cross. This is evangelism. On Gethsemane He cried out “"My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will." Matthew 26:39. The cup meant the suffering, curses and death for mankind which He would face soon because of His love for us. But God didn’t listen to His Son’s last cry, in order to lay on Him the iniquities of us all, to redeem us from the punishment of hell. Look into yourselves - do you have any interest in dying souls? If you don’t, this is corruption. Where does the strength for evangelism come from? The strength to save mankind is from the Father to the Son, and from Him to the early church members and to all those who believe in Him. We can’t contain God’s passion for winning souls. We should take responsibility for this, and not let evangelism cease because of our indifference. “When I say to the wicked, 'O wicked man, you will surely die,' and you do not speak out to dissuade him from his ways, that wicked man will die for his sin, and I will hold you accountable for his blood.” Ezekiel 33:8. This is the mind of Christianity. Lord, please re-enact the mind of God, the Son and Christianity just as it was in the early church! The reason that you don't evangelize is that you haven't realized how great it is that you are saved from hell. You can’t keep this joy exclusively as yours. We can do evangelism when we are passionate for preaching the gospel just as Paul was. “I only know that in every city the Holy Spirit warns me that prison and hardships are facing me. However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me--the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace.” Acts 20:23-24. Think about it: God sent His Only Son to be killed for our salvation when we, who are just mere created beings, should have gone to hell. We can’t even begin to understand this fact by our own logic. So, we are really cruel unless we preach the gospel. We should decide to evangelize and make up our minds to be responsible for their souls until they can get out of hell by faith in Jesus. This is evangelism. Next week is big inviting day. We should win at least one person for Jesus, at all costs. Unless you have this mind you should examine your faith life. When I am eager to preach the gospel, God is pleased with me. 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.' Matthew 25:40. If you don’t evangelize, you are hostile to God. The thing that God is the most interested in is delivering the good news, through the laying down of your life. All the disciples of Jesus died as martyrs to preach the gospel. Today in Korea there is no one who will kill you or try to stop you from evangelizing by force. Why don’t you win dying souls? It proves that you don’t have passion for winning souls in you. You should truly desire to bear plenty of fruits. Jesus hasn’t told you lay down your life for anything in the world except for evangelism. He calls to souls step by step through your evangelism, so we should prepare the way for Jesus.

트위터 페이스북 구글플러스 싸이공감 네이트온 쪽지 구글 북마크 네이버 북마크
금요구역예배 게시판 게시물 목록
No Title Date
94 The Effect of the Prayer Offered in Faith 11/15/2010
93 Experiencing God’s Household 11/08/2010
92 Grace Came in the Flesh 11/01/2010
91 For the Time of Soul 10/26/2010
90 Passion of God for Winning Souls 10/18/2010
89 Passion of God for Winning Souls 10/18/2010
88 The Great Commission of the Lord 10/11/2010
87 The Flesh and Blood of Jesus 10/04/2010
86 The Passion for Winning Souls 09/27/2010