The Effect of the Prayer Offered in Faith

• 2010.11.15 10:16

James 5:13-18

God knows and owns everything, and He is able. He has everything necessary to solve all the difficulties of mankind. He is our Father, so those who are the children of God are truly happy. “Indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The LORD watches over you-- the LORD is your shade at your right hand; the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night. The LORD will keep you from all harm-- he will watch over your life; the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.” Psalm 121:4-8. God foreknew all the misery that human beings would face, so He promised to help us with His absolute and almighty power. “And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.” John 14:13-14. He also told us, “Whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours” Mark 11:24. The reason that God asks us to pray, is that it is His absolute will to help us with our impossibilities, but we don’t ask Him. This means that we do not understand God’s true love which says, “I will surely help you.” The other reason that we do not ask Him, is that we live by ourselves and think that we do not need God. This is the pinnacle of ignorance and arrogance against God who desperately wants to help us. We should know that we need His support and protection all the time. God said “pray continuously”, for we should live by His help. These words are from God who knows everything. The reason we pray with a longing heart is that we want all our difficulties, spiritual and physical sufferings to be solved, in order to be happy. Dear brothers and sisters. “Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings.” 1 Peter 5:7-9. Evil spirits, the devil and demons work to torture us mentally, spiritually and physically. In Revelation it says, “And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.” As long as we have suffering, curses and diseases; spiritually, physically and mentally because of the working of the devil, there is nothing that we can do but only pray to God. In Genesis 32 Jacob prayed desperately until just before the moment when his brother would arrive and his brother’s sword would meet his neck. He desperately cried out to the Lord to save his life. Dear brothers and sisters, whatever problems and suffering you have, please solve them by the power of God. This is the practice of God’s promise, “Ask and it will be given in my Name”. Do not be defeated by your difficulties. Your prayer will be answered for sure, so pray by faith. “And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective. Elijah was a man just like us. He prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the land for three and a half years. Again he prayed, and the heavens gave rain, and the earth produced its crops.” James 5:15-18. The One who said, “Ask”, will be working for you. Let us pray, and pray by faith. Let us receive the answer and be free.

트위터 페이스북 구글플러스 싸이공감 네이트온 쪽지 구글 북마크 네이버 북마크
금요구역예배 게시판 게시물 목록
No Title Date
94 The Effect of the Prayer Offered in Faith 11/15/2010
93 Experiencing God’s Household 11/08/2010
92 Grace Came in the Flesh 11/01/2010
91 For the Time of Soul 10/26/2010
90 Passion of God for Winning Souls 10/18/2010
89 Passion of God for Winning Souls 10/18/2010
88 The Great Commission of the Lord 10/11/2010
87 The Flesh and Blood of Jesus 10/04/2010
86 The Passion for Winning Souls 09/27/2010