[Shepherding the sheep with One heart] For the Eternal Life

• 2017.01.21 21:58

The notion of ‘eternal life’ does not refer to our time in the flesh, which is roughly 70 – 80 years.  Compared to ‘eternity’, our time in the flesh is as ephemeral as a single day.  But we do not disappear.  Our flesh, like the tabernacle, comes from the dust and returns to the earth – but our soul comes from God and lives forever.  Therefore, I must live a worthwhile life, making the most of every opportunity that I have while in the flesh.  These opportunities are given to me for the benefit of my spiritual life and for the time of my soul. 

How many places demand the outpouring of our lives while we are in this flesh?  Our companies call for our labour.  Our children demand time and care from their parents.  Our bodies demand time to enjoy pleasure. 

We should not waste our lives being deceived by the devil’s schemes that encourage us to covet the material goods of this world and to gratify the desires of our sinful natures.  We should spend our lives wisely, in accordance with the pleasing will of the Lord.  It is the Lord’s pleasing will that each of us prepare for the time of soul with great care, for the glory of God.  

We should make the most of every opportunity, taking care to spend our time in such a way that we bring forth spiritual riches.  The years that we spend living in the flesh on earth offer us the opportunities and resources to prepare spiritually for the time of soul.  Use your flesh economically for the time of your soul in your church, home and in society.  Then you will rejoice in the time of your soul. 

We should live our lives in a worthy manner, to please the Lord with our labour on the earth, and to receive all the holy rewards on the day we go to Heaven. 

“Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink.” (John 6:54-55)

Pastor Seok-Jeon Yoon
Extracted from the church newspaper #497 (September 24, 2016)