[Shepherding the sheep with one heart] Life filled with the hope of heaven.

• 2017.04.22 14:24

When I was a little child, there was a man who was not quite right in the head. He always carried an empty can and a bundle. He always looked up to heaven and kept smiling. People called him a mad man. Someone asked him, "Why do you keep smiling?" He said, "No one has more money than I. I have a gold nugget." But he had nothing but a worn out bundle.

People in this world love gold. But gold never gives any benefits to their soul. However, people pursue gold like serving an idol.

All the people in this world, over 7 billion people, are mad about something. Even though they already have lots of money, they madly struggle to earn more. Is money worthy being mad about?
In their lifetime, people spend their precious days making money. But, at the end of their lives, money can't prolong their breath, not even for one second.

What is the difference between the people who are mad about money, fame, materials and power and the mad man who loved his bundle thinking that it was a gold nugget? We will be eternally wealthy if we are filled with the hope of heaven and Jesus, even though we don't have enough money in this world. The real rich men are those who utilize their lives on earth for the days of the Spirit, then they will happily live in the eternal kingdom of the Father.

There are obvious values and conditions that we can be mad about.
Jesus never forsakes us, forever. God the Father never forsakes us forever, for He bought us by the blood of His son. The Holy Spirit never forsakes us for He dwells in us.

Please don't forget the Holy Spirit for He bought us by the blood of Jesus Christ.

Pastor Seok-Jeon Yoon
Extracted from Yonsei Newspaper #515 (Feb 11, 2017)