[Shepherding the sheep with one heart] He whose mind is steadfast

• 2018.03.31 16:33

“You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.” (Isaiah 26:3)

He whose heart is steadfast is like a rock. He who has the steadfast heart will never be shaken before the grace of the Lord, before the word of God and before the moving of the Holy Spirit because the Lord is the reason I live and the reason I exist.

Peter professed his faith like this.

"You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." (Matthew 16:16)

Jesus replied, "Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by man, but by my Father in heaven. And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.” (Matthew 16:17~18)

The Word of God is a rock that is unchanging and unbreakable. God's love for us does not change either. So it is also a rock. God’s promise for us is not changing and He fulfills it as it is, so it is rock, too. The grace which Jesus shed His blood on the cross and died to save me is the rock which is not changing.

We have received the unchanging love of the Lord like a rock. We should live according to the word of God. When we fear the Lord, our soul will be protected. And when we are filled with the Holy Spirit, we can lead our spiritual life despite  any temptation and lust trying to make us commit sin.

Our faith life and spiritual life should never be changed like a rock.
The Lord said that He will keep in peace him who has steadfast mind to live according to the word of God. We should be successful till we go to heaven with the steadfast mind like a rock without shaking.

Pastor Seok-Jeon Yoon
Extracted from the church newspaper #568 (March 17, 2018)