[Shepherding the sheep with one heart] As a thirsty man pants for water

• 2018.05.29 14:50

The Lord said that those who hunger and thirst for righteousness are blessed. This does not mean that we should remain silent after we realise that we hunger and thirst for righteousness. But express your hunger and thirst before the Lord who is able to resolve your hunger and thirst, and fill you up with His grace. Blessed are those who do so.

In Revelation 2 and 3, the Lord says to the seven churches in Asia Minor, “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.” In other words, we should have ears to hear the word of the Holy Spirit.

After the Lord said, “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches”, the Lord says that they who will hear what the Spirit says to the churches will receive blessing. The Lord says that those who have ears to hear what the Spirit says will be given the victory. “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.” (Revelation 2:7) “He who overcomes will not be hurt at all by the second death.” (Revelation 2:11) “I will give some of the hidden manna. I will also give him a white stone…” (Revelation 2:17) “I will give authority over the nations—“ (Revelation 2:26) “I will also give him the morning star.” (Revelation 2:28) “I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels.” (Revelation 3:5) “I will make a pillar in the temple of my God.” (Revelation 3:12) “I will give the right to sit with me on my throne.” (Revelation 3:21) We should earnestly desire to hear His words looking at these blessings.

Just as a thirsty one seeks water, and a hungry one searches for food, we must seek Jesus to solve the hunger of our souls. This is not seeking an unanswerable god for no purpose, but a desire for the Lord, just as a thirsty person looks for water. Then the Lord will meet us.

Pastor Seok-Jeon Yoon
Extracted from the church newspaper #574 (May 5, 2018)