[Shepherding the sheep with one heart] Those who hunger and thirst for righteousness

• 2018.12.31 17:13

Only those who have a spiritual sense know that they are hungry and thirsty for righteousness. People of the world don’t care about the righteousness of God. They don’t know that their souls are thirsty; they are satisfied if their lives are physically and culturally rich.  

But Christians know that righteousness is broken when they commit a sin, so they follow righteousness and long for it.  If you can discern between righteousness and wickedness, you are blessed. It is a great blessing to long for righteousness.  

How long has mankind been waiting for the Messiah who will save them from sin, curses, hell and the hand of the devil?  Ever since Adam ate from the forbidden tree of the knowledge of good and evil and all humans were doomed to destruction.  But then, 2,000 years ago, Jesus Christ was born in a manger in Bethlehem!

Jesus said, “I am the way and the truth and the life.” He is the portion of people who are longing for Him.  

You must go to Jesus if you want to fill your thirsty and hungry soul. Blessed are those who have met the One who will solve the problems of their thirsty and hungry souls. I thank God for calling me as a pastor but I am more honored and grateful to have met Jesus, the Savior. 

I’m very grateful and it’s a great honor for me to know the knowledge that can solve the problems of our souls’ thirst and hunger:  this is knowledge that comes only through Jesus when we believe in Him. Therefore, those who have a true spiritual life never stop giving thanks.

When we are starting to lose faith, many things disturb our faith life. Those who thirst and hunger for righteousness, who are healthy in spirit, can overcome the obstacles in their way. We can then surely solve the problems of spiritual hunger and thirst in the best way led by God.

Pastor Seok-Jeon Yoon

Extracted from Yonsei Newspaper #594