[Shepherding the Sheep with One Heart] Love that Gave the One and Only Son

• 2020.07.02 10:44

All parents love their children. God also loved Jesus, the One and Only Son. But God decided to sacrifice His beloved Son to save all humans. What made God let His Son die to save mere creation?

Jesus, the Son of God prayed earnestly until his sweat was like drops of blood falling to ground at Gethsemane. “My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me.” Jesus wanted the bitter cup which was the death on the Cross. However, before all ages, the Father decided to kill the Son for all mankind who were supposed to suffer in hell for the wages of the sins because the wages of sin is death.

How could this ever happen? I want you to realize God’s love that gave us His precious Son with all your heart. Don’t just speak with your lips like a parrot, “the Lord who died for me”, but I want you to know the true value of His death that the Son of God died instead of you. To fulfill the will of God who gave His Son must be followed by obedience of the Son.

Jesus was obedient to the will of Father. He resolved to die for all mankind who is doomed to be punished in hell for the wages of sin. ‘’Yet not my will, but yours be done.” When the Father heard that word, He could have trembled because of His Son who writhed in pain. He couldn’t cancel the plan to let the Son die because the Son writhed in agony. Because God knows that all mankind must be destroyed if the death of the Son was canceled, and, all mankind will be saved and enjoy everlasting happiness when He let the Son die.

We need to meet such great love of God, the Father in Heaven. We must have the blessing to live forever in Heaven by believing in Jesus who shed His blood on thehe Cross according to will of Father.

>

Pastor Seok-Jeon Yoon

Extracted from Yonsei Newspaper #636