[Shepherding the Sheep with One heart] A prayer that His sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground.

• 2021.05.15 18:59

Jesus prayed earnestly until His sweat was like drops of blood falling down to the ground at Gethsemane before he died (Luke 22:44). The cruel end of crucifixion was set up by the Father for Jesus, the Son of God to save His people. However, Jesus had flesh that couldn’t endure the sufferings. That’s why He prayed until His sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground to get help from God.

The reason why Jesus prayed before being crucified to atone for the sins of humans, not to draw back from obeying God’s order. It’s because the will of God the Father to save people would be disrupted if Jesus drew back. So Jesus offered up prayers and petitions with loud cries and tears to the one who could save Him from death (Hebrews5:7).

Jesus didn’t use His almighty power when he was crucified. He prayed to bear the cruel pain silently from the Cross according to the will of God and He fulfilled the will of God on the Cross as he prayed.

If you know how great the grace that you are saved by the blood of the Cross of Jesus is, you can’t help praying so that the will of God will be fulfilled in your life.

The disciples said, “Even if I have to die with you, I will never disown you” (Matthew 26:35). But all the disciples failed and ran away or denied Jesus. Then later, they all joined together constantly in prayer in one place for 10 days.  They became witnesses for Jesus willing to die without denying Jesus after the Holy Spirit was upon them

I really want you to fulfill the will of God for you and for winning the souls of your relatives and neighbors by praying earnestly with faith as Jesus prayed until His sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground.

Pastor Seok-Jeon Yoon

Extracted from Yonsei Newspaper #673