[Shepherding the sheep with One heart] A life of faith that gives generously

• 2021.08.07 23:30

Those who live a life of faith don’t live for only themselves ever. The climax of the life of faith is that we try to win the souls of neighbors and serve them like Jesus who shed blood to save our souls. This is spiritual love.

However, sometimes I see people who believe in Jesus and walk by faith don’t care for others even with little things. Whenever I see them being selfish, I feel like it is so heartbreaking. I even see that they are pathetic. If you don’t share the love that you received, spiritually, you are like a newborn baby. The newborn baby cries anywhere and anytime when they are hungry not caring for each of their mothers. They just suck mother's milk until being satisfied not caring for her mother's condition no matter whether she feels pain or not.

Even in the church, those who are like a newborn baby are so selfish. They never concern about others. When you try to be loved not loving others, conflicts will happen. You can’t live a life of faith without love. In the last days, there will be situations of being lack of love.

We are born to be loved by God and to give the love given by God to neighbors at the same time. Nevertheless, why do Christians who believe in Jesus love themselves only? If you only love yourself saying you are Christian, you live a life contrary to the word of God that loves your God and love your neighbor.

Jesus said, “So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you,” (Matthew 7:12) It means “Do you want to be loved? Then, love others first.” We have to spend our life with the heart of the Lord, passion for salvation, and the mind of Jesus to love our neighbors.

Pastor Seok-Jeon Yoon

Extracted from Yonsei Newspaper #694