[Shepherding the sheep with One heart] A church filled with the mind of Jesus.

• 2022.10.28 15:59

Our church is so small, compared to the early churches. The reason is that no deacon of our church was stoned to death while preaching the gospel and no deacon of our church shared his or her entire property. In our church, there is no deacon who is like the deacons of the early church in the Bible. Compared to the early churches, our church didn’t really revive.

I earnestly hope our church is filled with the mind of Jesus like the early churches. The mind of Jesus says, “You should be healed even though I get whipped”, “You should be redeemed from curse even though I got cursed”, and” You should gain life even though I die.” This is the mind of Jesus and of the early churches.

If a church does not have the mind of Jesus, Jesus’ actual presence will be missing in the church even though the members of it may call Jesus. Lots of people may gather by the name of Jesus but there will be no nature of Jesus. They praise Jesus outwardly but the church would not have the characteristics of Jesus. Such churches cannot be revived. I hope that our church has Jesus’ heart rate with the characteristic of Jesus, the nature of Jesus, and the presence of Jesus.

I want anybody can hear the breath of Jesus and feel the warmth of Jesus and meet the characteristic of Jesus when they come into our church. I want our church to be filled with the character and nature of Jesus so that the sick will be healed, the cursed be blessed and the sinners will be forgiven in here. For that, all our members should be thirsty and hungry for righteousness and be filled with the characteristic of Jesus.

Pastor Seok-Jeon Yoon

Extracted from Yonsei Newspaper #713