[Shepherding the sheep with One heart] Prides causes conflicts

• 2022.11.15 16:04

Pride continually causes conflicts between people. Many conflicts in the church are caused by pride. When church members insist to do things by their own idea, conflicts will not be avoidable. In situations that each person wants to be served, be recognized or to be the leader, some members will become enemies of each other.

When each member wants to be in a higher position, members of the church cannot be united in one heart. By being proud, you cannot make harmony with God or with others. The arrogance causes complaints, envy, and jealousy. Being arrogant to live by money not by God’s help, causes you to become stingy for God. Being arrogant causes you not to give offerings, not to do His work, not to be grateful, or not to evangelize. Pride is the source of all kinds of sin. There can’t be any rest where there are conflicts.

God entrusts the work of God to those who humble themselves not being proud. Like water flows downward, the mission naturally goes to those who want to lower themselves and serve others. At church, the humble members should receive missions so that they can absolutely obey the word of God and be united with others with love in order to do the work of the Lord by the power that the Lord gives. 

Therefore, we should not fall into the sin of being arrogant and cause ourselves to perish. We should obey God’s word and be faithful to Him even to the point of death. In other words, we have to be obedient to God making up our minds, “I have no will to disobey the words of God. I will serve Lord as the God and obey Him to the point of death. I will obey Him completely and stay in His everlasting rest.’ God can rest because of those who are obedient with humility. Mankind also lives happily in the grace of God.

Pastor Seok-Jeon Yoon   

Extracted from Yonsei Newspaper #715