[Shepherding the sheep with One heart] Parental love is Infinite.

• 2022.12.02 16:02

Parents feel happy from the moment they conceived a baby in the womb. Because of that happiness, from the moment of giving birth, they try to do their best to support their child hoping, “I can bare struggling to make you become a successful person". But, the children troubles parents' hearts from the first year of their life. The newborn babies don’t listen to their parents going to places where parents tell them not to go and eat what parents tell them not to eat. Even though they got exhausted nurturing their baby, the baby looks so adorable to them. That is the heart of parents.

But the children rebel against their parents when they have complaints growing up. They say, “Why did you make me born? You just bore me. What have you done for me after that?". Parents can’t communicate with their children because the children don’t know their parent’s love that has been given to them since when they were born. When they grew up, they got proud of themselves for what they did for their parents. Compared with what they received, their works to parents are just nothing. 

Whereas, even though parents gave much more things to the children, they say “I am doing well by what you provide me". It’s because the parents forgot what they did to their children. They just remember what they received from the children. If they are strangers, they would demand a reward saying “Hey, I cleaned up your poops, struggled a lot, and paid lots of money to nurture you. Will I calculate all of my work with money? You took credit to yourself for doing these little things for me." But parents don’t even try to do this at all.

People say “The grace from parents is higher than the mountain and deeper than the sea.” No mountain is higher than their parents’ grace and no sea is deeper than their love. The sea and the mountain are limited but the parent's love has no limit. We have been loved by our parents unlimitedly. 

Likewise, Father in heaven gave his one and only son infinite love for humans.

Pastor Seok-Jeon Yoon           

Extracted from Yonsei Newspaper #719

​